Registering your business with Business Watch Tampa is FREE and offers great benefits:
- Increases communication between Law Enforcement and Business Owners
- Provides free Safety Awareness Seminars and Lunch-and-Learns for employees
- Enhances community security through heightened awareness
- Creates and maintains a safe shopping and working environment
- Successfully reduces crime in areas of participation
- Brings the community together to work cohesively for the well-being of the whole community
Chief Eric Ward
Officer Sean Mahabir
It’s not uncommon for various organizations within a community to have differing agendas, which can make it challenging to find common ground upon which to build. When the Tampa Police Department assigned Officer Sean Mahabir as Liaison for the Ybor City Business Watch Program in 2011, he quickly identified one common thread that ties everyone together in every community: Everybody wants to be safe.
Since that time, Officer Mahabir (“Officer Sean”) has worked closely with hundreds of business owners in the Ybor District to forge a solid network that has reduced the crime rate. In addition, Officer Sean regularly holds safety seminars, and conducts training sessions for businesses and their employees on workplace awareness and other safety concerns. Based on the success of the Ybor City Business Watch program, this model is now being rolled out in multiple other Tampa communities, and all business owners are encouraged to participate at no cost to them.