- What is the Business Watch Tampa?
Business Watch Tampa is a FREE program that creates a partnership between the business community and the Tampa Police Department to reduce and prevent crime through enhanced communication and awareness.
- Who can become a member of the Business Watch Tampa ?
ALL businesses, residential communities, religious organizations, neighborhood organizations, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions.
- How do I register?
Just complete a Business Watch Registration Form.
- How do I know if my business is eligible?
If your business or organization is located within the City of Tampa, you are eligible.
- How do I know in what district my business is located?
Your business is located in the Downtown Tampa district if it is located Scott St. to the north, N. Blvd to the west, Garrison Channel to the south, Ybor Channel/Channelside Drive to the east .
Your business is located in the SoHo district if it is located between MacDill Avenue to the west, Bayshore Blvd. to the south, Boulevard to the east, and Kennedy Blvd. to the north.
Your business is located in the Westshore district if it is located between Obrien Street to the west, Kennedy Avenue to the south, Lois Avenue to the east, and Boy Scout Blvd. to the north.
Your business is located in the Ybor City district if it is located between Nuccio Parkway to the west, Adamo Drive to the south, 26th Street to the east, and Interstate 4 to the north.
- Why should I join/what are the benefits?
Join because you want a safer community for your business and employees. The benefits are simple: communication with other businesses, community officer flyer (with officers’ cell numbers and a text number for discreet, yet efficient contact).
- Does it cost anything to join?
No, it’s absolutely FREE!
- How long does the registration process take?
The registration process takes up to 5 business days to complete.
- Who is the primary contact for further questions about Business Watch?
Officer Gig Brown can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I use the text feature?
Follow these simple steps:
- Create a new contact in your smart phone called “TPD”
- Add this email address to the contact: tpd-XXXXX@tampagov.net (where “XXXXX” is the name of your Business Watch community – for example: soho, westshore, ybor or downtown)
- Send a TEXT to the email address – include the following:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Detailed description of your tip or concern